Netball Victoria is responsible for the management and development of the sport across Victoria. The organisation's core function is to identify and meet the needs of netball players, coaches, umpires, administrators, associations and clubs and in doing so enhance participation experiences and encourage the uptake of the sport.
Netball Victoria's Board of Management and professional staff are supported by a solid volunteer network that ensures the membership has access to a wide array of competitions, programs and services.
With a history of over 75 years and a Board and staff committed to growth and development, Netball Victoria will continue to provide quality competitions, events, educational clinics and courses, resources, support and advice.
Netball Victoria is a non-for-profit organisation.
Our Membership Netball is recognised as the largest female participation sport in the country. In Victoria there are in excess of 105,000 registered participants, which does not include the tens of thousands of school children that participate in school netball programs annually.
Approximately 240 associations/groups affiliate with Netball Victoria on an annual basis. Affiliation provides access to netball events, programs and services as well as a pathway to State, National and International representation. Associations are geographically grouped into one of the 20 Regions, and then Regions are grouped into one of six Zones.
96% of the Netball Victoria membership is female.
55% of the membership resides in regional Victoria with the remaining 45% in the metropolitan suburbs in and around Melbourne.
62% of the Netball Victoria membership is aged seventeen (17) and under, with the majority of the remaining participants aged between eighteen (18) and fifty (50) plus years.
View Larger Map